FUEL TANKER DRIVING TECHNICIAN
Amlaak Energy Resources LLC
29 Dec 2021 Transportation and Driving
Fuel Tanker driving Technician to deliver fuel to customers located in the Sultanate of Oman to load the vehicle from the designated terminal and shall offload the product at the designated customer site as per the delivery note.
He is dealing with highly flammable products; he must have PPE all the time. He has to ensure strict compliance to the safety, health & environment requirements when delivering fuel to customers due to the flammable nature of the delivered fuel that if neglected may lead to incidents to people, assets & environment. The job requires adherence to the processes and procedure, any shortcuts may result in unforeseen issues. He is expected to have defensive driving techniques when on the road to ensure safe delivery of fuel. No use of headphones, phones, texting or recorder voice is allowed as those could distract the driver from noticing any risks or alarms. The driver has to ensure 100% vision and visibility of the road is attained; any obstruction on-board the vehicle has to be disallowed. The operation will involve working in different site which are managed by different stockholders/organizations. The divining technician should respect and work within the work standards and regulations set by these organizations. He will be undergoing training courses of defensive driving, initial fire response, chemical hazards awareness that have to be valid while the driver is on duty. Any new requirement setup by the authorities will be assigned to the driver to be complied with.
• Perform the daily check of vehicle prior to starting the duty, highlights any issues on the condition of the vehicle that may affect the roadworthiness of the vehicle to the designated person.
• Apply defensive driving techniques when driving the vehicle and ensure vigilant lookout and to any potential risks on the road.
• Obey the road and traffic rules and requirement set by ROP or any governmental or governmental bodies.
• Ensure full compliance to loading facilities/ terminals requirements and guidelines, to ensure safe loading of the vehicle and safe navigation within the terminal.
• Avoid any violations to terminal policies that include speed limit, traffic directions, loading process and any other requirements. When unsure about any step, he should seek the assistance of the concerned persons in the terminals.
• Not to stop at any place not designated in the journey plan or the trip itself without notification to supervisor. He must go directly to customer site after loading. Any food needs, or drinks shall be done prior to loading. No stoppages are allowed in residential or industrial places that are not permitted by supervisor.
• Should stay close to the vehicle when loading or during offloading to ensure that the process of loading and offloading is safe, or to spot any abnormal issues that could happen during these times such spillage, leakage, fire or any unforeseen issue that could affect the safety of the scene. And should be ready to apply the emergency procedures in such events.
• During offloading, has to follow the designated offloading process to ensure safe offloading of the product in the designated customer tanks. He shall not leave the offloading place for any reason and shall not apply any shortcuts to the process to avoid any leakage, spillage, fire or unforeseen issues that may occur.
• The driving technician is expected to present the company in good manner at customer site and shall not conflict with the customer. Any case related to the customer has to be notified immediately to the supervisor. The driver is expected not to have any unpleasant behaviour or dispute with the customer.
• After offloading, he should have customer acknowledgement on the receipt of the load.
• He should handover the vehicle to the designated personnel. Any highlights on the vehicle or its driving has to be highlighted immediately.
• He has to score green RAG report, any score or behaviour that is repeated by the driver and found compromise the safety of the vehicle, road users and assets shall be actioned by the company.
• He should reflect duty of care toward the vehicle he is driving during the duty and should ensure the load arrives safe and intact to customer site.
• General secondary school diploma
• Heavy Duty License.
• OPAL Defensive Driving licence
• Fire Response
• Chemical Hazards Awareness
• HSE Induction